Hello all! Welcome to Fasting Savvy: an Intermittent Fasting experiment!
I stumbled onto this nutritional lifestyle while researching Keto. I have tried Keto before (years and years ago) with successful results, but fasting has always fascinated me and I have decided I am going to use it as a weight loss tool.
A bit about myself:
- My name is Savannah
- I am 22 years old
- I am a 3/4 time college student
- I am 5’6″ and 187 lbs (Edited! I was only 2 lbs over my guesstimated weight and 7 lbs under my feared weigh )
- My goal weight is 145 lbs
- My waist is 43 inches, my hips are 44 inches, my neck is 14 inches
Now, a bit about IF. IF is the practice of restricting calorie intake for a certain period of time. This can be just skipping certain meals or even not eating for as much as 24 consecutive hours. Another common method is fasting for the majority of the day and eating your daily allotted calories within a 6-8 hour window. You can read more about IF here.
- Partake in extended fasting (2x 24 hour fasting periods/week)
- Walk around the neighborhood 5x/week (15-30 minutes/walk)
- Restrict calories to 1520/feasting day
- Cut out all soda and [most] unnecessary sugars
- Black coffee will be allowed to curb hunger
- Reach my GW by October 2014
- Post at least once or twice a week, preferably on my fasting days
- I will post my measurements once/week; every Monday
- I will begin this change tomorrow and my first fasting day will be Monday the 14th
I will be fasting Mondays and Thursdays in order to space the days out throughout the week. My last meals of my feasting day before fasting will always be dinner by 8 pm. Black coffee will be allowed with no consequence on fasting days. Wish me luck you guys! I will probably post again Monday night!